Friday, August 28, 2015

Things that have sucked. They may be funny one day.

1. That time we lived in our basement.  And slept on an air mattress.  For twelve weeks.
2. That time our upstairs fridge, full of food, was accidentally unplugged by the contractors.
3. That other time we thought the basement fridge worked, but it turned out that it didn't.  All of our food went bad, and it smelled really good too.  At least the fridge made a great dresser.
4. That other time things smelled bad, when the plumber had to uncap the plumbing line.  On a Saturday.  So we smelled raw sewage.  All. Weekend.
5. That time we slept on an air mattress in the basement for twelve weeks, when the ceiling above us looked like this, and rained dust on us all night long.
6. That time (I mean those many weeks) when we had random holes in our house, so mosquitoes came in.  Did you know mosquitoes will bite your face, neck and palms?  I learned that this summer.  The scars on my legs may never fade.

7. That time we went two weeks without a shower in our house, so we took sponge baths in the basement kitchen with dish soap.  Yes, in the middle of this kitchen:
8. That time we didn't have any blankets we could get to, so we used towels instead.


A few things I will actually miss when this is all over:
1. It is totally acceptable that I recycle the same five outfits.  I can't get to my closet (actually, I technically don't have a closet right now).
2. I don't dust.  What's the point?
3. We eat off paper plates.  I haven't washed a dish in weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment